For Homes & Residential Buildings
A carbon monoxide detector (CO) is an electronic device that detects the presence of carbon monoxide in your home. Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas that can cause serious health problems and even death at even low level exposure. Because carbon monoxide is colourless, odorless and tasteless, a carbon monoxide detector is the only way to accurately detect its existence and ensure the safety of your family and pets.
While it’s true that there are things you can do to minimize the risk carbon monoxide presence in your home, but pairing these things with a carbon monoxide detector will provide you with the ultimate in carbon monoxide protection. What can you do to minimize the risk of carbon monoxide presence in your home?
- Hire a technician to inspect fuel-burning appliances annually
- Hire a certified chimney and HVAC specialist to inspect your ventilation annually
- Never operate a propane or charcoal barbecue indoors or in a garage
- Never operate a lawnmower, chainsaw, snow-blower, pressure-washer or power tools indoors or in a garage
- Regularly clean dryer ducts and ventilation for lint blockages
Even after adhering to each of these recommendations, your home may still be susceptible to carbon monoxide. This is why it’s recommended to have a professionally installed and tested carbon monoxide detector from Moore Security.